Patsports (“we”, “us”, “our” or “Patsports”) is committed to ensuring that your personal information is collected, used and held in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Australian Privacy Principles and general law.
Collecting Personal Information
The personal information we may collect and hold includes:
Information about you – your name, address, email address, phone number, your social media accounts and your age;
Information about your use of the Patsports Website, your shopping habits and preferences;
Information you provide in submitted competition forms, enquiry or complaint details and other records of communications; and
Other information you provide to us.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, PayPal), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify.
How we use your personal information
We collect personal information in order to:
- Notify you of any special offers or competitions;
- Improve your overall shopping experience;
- Sell to you our merchandise;
- Mail purchased goods to you;
- Develop and improve our products and service;
- Send you marketing material and other communications; and
- In rare cases, use non-identifying information for marketing purposes (e.g. sharing reviews).
Patsports may also be required to collect personal information from you by law.
When do we pass your personal information onto a third party?
Patsports will not sell, rent or trade personal information to, or with, third parties.
The Website may contain links to other websites. Patsports does not share your personal information with those websites and it is not responsible for their privacy practices.
In some circumstances it may be necessary for Patsports to pass personal information onto a third party. Third party service providers will have access to your personal information only to the extent that it is reasonably necessary to provide our services.
In some circumstances your personal information may be disclosed to third parties that perform a range of services on behalf of Patsports including:
Our service providers or partners,
Delivery and shipping providers;
Information technology providers; and
Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in jurisdictions outside of Australia. This includes cloud servers located overseas.
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
If Patsports transmits your personal information over the internet (for example to third parties who hold data outside Australia) we will take reasonable steps to maintain the security of any personal information to prevent misuse and unauthorised access. Despite these protection mechanisms, you should be aware there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of data over the internet and we cannot guarantee any transmission will be completely secure.
Where we disclose your personal information to our service providers, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that they are authorised to only use personal information in order to perform the functions required by Patsports and in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Patsports may also disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies, courts or government agencies where required to comply with specific legal requirements.
You expressly consent to your information being used as set out in this section.
How do we ensure that your personal information is protected?
Patsports is committed to ensuring that your personal information is securely protected at all times. Patsports will take all reasonable steps to prevent your personal information from being modified, lost or shared without your consent.
Patsports has appropriate and secure computer and network systems as well as sound internal policies and procedures to safeguard your personal information.
How you can request access to your personal information
You can review, change, update or request us to destroy your personal information at any time using the contact details below.
Please let us know if your personal details are recorded incorrectly. We will take all reasonable steps to promptly correct personal information that is not accurate, up to date or complete.
If you ask that we destroy your personal information or have it permanently removed from our system, we will do so securely.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by contacting
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Retention of information
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For information on how to contact us, please see the “Contact” section below.
We endeavour to only take information from you which is reasonably necessary for our business functions.
If you send us personal information that we have not requested, or we determine that the personal information you have provided to us is not reasonably necessary or directly related to any of our business functions or activities, we may de-identify or delete this information without notifying you to protect your privacy.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
Last updated: 31st November 22
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via phone on 1300 363 992 or via: https://www.oaic.gov.au/